Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Brown Hat

I found this hat on the ravelry site, I thought it looked a little funny, but it also looked like fun to knit. I didn't have the same kind of yarn that the pattern had called for, so I decided to see what I could find in my stash.

I decided to try in a size large, I could tell by the number of stitches that called for the small or medium would not fit me at all, and considering that I was not using the same yarn as mentioned in the pattern.

It was very clever in the way that the brim was made, by knitting 12 rounds of stockinette st, purl one row, and 12 more rows of stockinette st, added thickness to the brim. I followed the pattern, however didn't knit as many repeats as it called for, I stopped at 9, due to I didn't want the hat too look so slouchy.

As you can see in this close up, I only decided after the fact to add my initial to the hat, good old knitting central pattern for lettering. Didn't want to add a plain letter, wanted to put something nice, so I picked this one, turned out pretty good after all.

No comments: