Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Green Goblin Aran Sweater

I always wanted to make an aran sweater, however I could never find a pattern that I really liked. I stumbled upon some old knitting patterns from Sidar and I really liked the texture and look of some of the sweaters.
I decided to knit one using Briggs and Little Tuffy weight wool in Fern color.

This sweater was a little bit tricky at the beginning, especially when adding the pockets and trying not to make it so visible. I find they turned out pretty darn good if you ask me.........The cabling pattern was fun and easy to follow, not difficult at all, my hands did get stiff after a while, but that doesn't help when you knit for 4 hours straight either without taking any breaks.

I never thought when knitting the sweater, on the side where the seams were going to be, to knit 2 sts on the ends on right side row, and purl 2 sts at each end on wrong side row. This would have given me a seamless sweater by using the mattress stitch method, which would have made the sweater easier to piece and sew together. Oh well, there's always going to be another sweater that will be knitted later on, that is guaranteed, and I will try the knit 2 sts on each end to see what the end result will be. Never know, I might not like it either, it will all depend on how the fabric will lay it's self out when sewing and piecing it together.

No comments: